Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The evil number three

So the past two weeks I have been dealing with Apartment hunting with my two friends and I am telling you, its one of the most stressful things thats ever happened to me. Apartment hunting in NYC does not compare with any other city...especially when in a trio!

Some reasons why:
- Three bedrooms are not common in NYC and no we did not want a living room turned into a 3rd bedroom!
- Walk-ups especially to the 5th or 6th floor ( a few times in a row) took our last breath after long days in class
- With three people you can never decide on a place - well when you do, the apartment was just taken by someone else.
- Three people, well in our case of course have their bank accounts with three different banks which means running to three banks for the downpayment money
The complications of three continues.....

But at last we have found a place and i know very soon the day will come when we will all three laugh at the entire stress we endured.
That is once we have the keys and lived through IKEA hell!

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely relate! I currently live on the 5th floor of a walkup. It took my breath away (not in the good way) for the first few months, but I got used to it haha.

    I also went to 3 different Ikeas (NJ, Brooklyn, Long Island) over 5 different times during the first month after I moved in, and I never want to see the inside of an Ikea ever again!

    ReplyDelete